Top-performing, growing community bank dedicated to remaining privately owned with local decision-making seeks a top-producing, highly motivated, self-initiating Commercial Lender looking to excel in building a portfolio of deposits and loans, with a focus on originating CRE loans.
Responsible for the growth, management, and overall quality of a personal portfolio of loans and deposits. Develops new relationships with area businesses. Ensures that applicable bank lending policies and procedures are followed. Supervises the account administration, credit extension, and business development efforts for a portfolio of loans to ensure profitability.
- Identifies prospective deposit and loan clients and pursues these opportunities.
- Interview’s applicants, gathers and evaluates financial information to determine creditworthiness, and establishes and negotiates credit terms.
- Monitors the lending process from time of application through approval to closing of the transaction, and continually monitors borrowers’ financial condition and repayment progress.
- Provides all necessary financial and other information to Credit Administration for underwriting loans. Assists Credit Administration in obtaining additional information as needed.
- Presents loan requests to Loan Committee for approval and works with Credit Administration, Loan Operations, and Bank counsel to facilitate closing.
- Manages the portfolio on an ongoing basis to ensure updated financial information is received, site visits are performed annually (as applicable) and that loan files document material information related to borrowers and their repayment progress.
- Ensures that loans are graded appropriately and notifies supervisor and Credit Administration in a timely manner if borrower’s financial condition shows signs of stress.
- Monitors past due and problem loans and initiates actions to bring loans current and/or remedy criticized assets.
- In conjunction with the Bank’s senior management, establishes guidelines for interest rates, fees, loan structures, and desired loan types, as well as other criteria designed to ensure the Bank remains in compliance with its policies and procedures while staying competitive and profitable.
- Recommends enhancements to the Bank’s standard loan documentation as appropriate.
- Recommends enhancements to the Bank’s credit policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Must be local to the south Florida market.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Commercial or CRE Lender in a banking environment.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) and Commercial lending, with an emphasis on CRE (investment and owner-occupied).
- In-depth knowledge of the Bank’s account products, loan types, credit policies and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Highly self-motivated to excel and grow a portfolio of deposits and loans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with borrowers and depository customers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and diligence in executing a personally structured calling program.
- Professional appearance, communication skills and work ethics.
- PC proficiency using Microsoft Office and ability to learn Bank’s loan system.
- Must follow all AML/BSA and OFAC procedures.
- Must complete all annual bank-required regulatory compliance training.
- Formal credit training preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Eight years of experience in CRE and Commercial lending, including knowledge and understanding of underwriting income-producing properties.
- The employee while performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, occasionally lifting (up to 25 pounds), driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching. The employee for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, smart phone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), scanner and image systems, scanning equipment, encoder, typewriter, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer, tablet, printers, or other equipment as directed. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: We are only accepting resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries or solicitations will be accepted. Due to the volume of resumes received, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Related Keywords: Commercial Loan, Commercial Loan Officer, Loan Officer, Commercial Lender, Business Development
American National Bank EEO/DFWP