VP Personal Trust Manager
Personal Trust Manager Essential Functions:
- Lead, with the team, development and execution of long-term growth strategies for the personal trust business line.
- Supervise Personal Trust Administrator and Assistant Administrator.
- Assign accounts and serve as primary administrator on your accounts.
- Promote a business development/sales culture following the Sandler training methodology.
- Create and execute, with the team, the annual personal trust business development plan for the department and use Saleforce.com to track these activities.
- Manage all personal trust department activities for compliance including the account review process.
Trust Account Administrator Essential Functions:
- Work as a trusted professional with Attorneys, Investment Managers, Accountants, and any other agents of the client to maintain a high standard of personal service to the end client.
- Meet with clients on periodic basis.
- Work in a professional manner with Operations, Administration and Bank teams.
- Stay in contact with Registered Investment Advisors regarding client investments and monitor their activities.
- Review daily trial balance, including securities, distribution and contribution transactions.
- Review monthly account fees for accuracy and approval. Follow up for overdue fees.
- Document and present requests for discretionary distributions.
- Review set up of new personal trust accounts
- Working with the account transfer working group to track all account opening, closing and transfer activity.
- Review accounts that are closing and determine if necessary documents are received.
- Work with tax preparers to ensure timely filing of fiduciary tax returns and all tax-related documents and reporting.
- Review tax returns for complete and accurate information before filing
- Pay quarterly estimated tax payments as directed by the tax preparers
- Update policies and procedures as required
- Serve as member of the trust officer group, the Trust Administration Review Group and the Fee and Acceptance Group
- Serve as a member and drive the annual Trust Investment Committee to review and approve delegated investment authority.
- Maintain agreed upon continuing education, certifications and education efforts as appropriate to the industry and your role.
- Prepare analysis and special reporting as needed by clients and their service providers.
- Participate as member in related public interest, charitable and business groups.
- Assist in the training of Administrative Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned
Environment and/or Physical Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.